The Seattle Workplace of Arts & Tradition (ARTS) is opening a brand new funding program, Hope Corps, that connects under- and unemployed staff within the inventive industries with profession alternatives. The application is open now by June 6, 2022.
Particular person artists, inventive staff, neighborhood teams and humanities and cultural organizations are eligible to use for Hope Corps funding, starting from $15,000 – $300,000, for the next challenge focus areas:
- Public Well being
- Psychological Well being and Therapeutic
- Meals Safety
- Media, Journalism and Storytelling
- Social Connection and Belonging
- Arts Schooling
Purposes for challenge ideas ought to:
- Generate profession alternatives for the native inventive workforce, and
- Contribute to the well-being and resiliency of our communities, over the course of both 6 or 12 months.
Please read the guidelines for full details on Hope Corps. They embody eligibility, funding necessities, and analysis standards.
Unemployment and underemployment have devastated the inventive sector. Hope Corps is a piece program created to supply financial and social alternatives for Seattle’s in depth inventive workforce. This system, considerably impressed by the New Deal’s Works Progress Administration, facilities Seattle’s Black, Brown, Indigenous, Asian, and diaspora neighborhood and meets civic wants reminiscent of public well being and meals safety by using artists, cultural and inventive staff whose potential to work has been disrupted attributable to COVID-19.
Workshops about Hope Corps shall be held that can assist you flip in your strongest software:
Draft Software Suggestions Periods
Hope Corps challenge ideas might embody:
- Artists-in-residence at faculties, in enterprise districts or neighborhoods
- Free performances and humanities activations that interact the general public
- Free artwork workshops, classes, or shows at neighborhood gathering locations or on-line
- Group dialogue, therapeutic circles, social observe
- Capturing present second in historical past – audio/visible/written documentation, historic data, neighborhood narratives
- Inventive campaigns or different outputs that handle any of the six Hope Corps focus areas
- Maintain present paid or unpaid inventive, instructional, analysis, and repair work that helps any focus space
For extra info contact Alex Rose, Hope Corps Undertaking Supervisor, at 206-459-6517 or [email protected].