FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACOLOGY
CLINICAL RESEACH UNIT MANAGER (CRU) (1 YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT – EXTERNALLY FUNDED)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL: 7
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Supervising of all clinical and administrative aspects of a clinical trial within the research unit to ensure the delivery of the required targets and quality;
- Cost control within the unit and all vendor contracts for services at the site or unit;
- Staff management, hiring, on boarding, utilization, performance management, etc;
- Setting up, conduct and successful completion of clinical trial related activities and deliverables;
- Driving and leading recruitment strategies and plans to meet study requirements and to ensure to trial participants;
- Facilitating all training (internal and external) and capacity building initiatives;
- Both Governance/compliance and quittable access on-boarding new participants to include student research Capacity building;
- Managing the total supportive process regarding the site feasibility process when being considered for a new clinical study or for contracted research or trial participation;
- Implementing of quality control methods, practices, standards, quality assurance, and quality improvements;
- Ensuring compliance with all of the applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines that govern the functioning of the unit;
- Ensuring that the site and facilities provide a safe working environment;
- Supporting the drive to elicit new business from the clinical trials industry;
- Assessing, evaluating, benchmarking, and expanding the capabilities and offerings of the CRU;
- Overseeing the CRU site activities to ensure that contracted targets and deliverables are met;
- Managing the relationship with Enterprises UP as the CRU’s business partner.
- Health Sciences Related Degree (BCur OR BPharm OR MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees);
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent (MBA will be an advantage).
- Eight to ten years minimum number of years of for the following, experience in the clinical research setting;
- Two to five years of experience in setting up, conducting and successful completion of clinical trial related activities and deliverables;
- Proven managerial and leadership skills within clinical research industry. Must have managed a profit centre relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Advanced proficiency levels in, Regulatory and research ethics knowledge,
- Planning, conduct and oversight of clinical trials across the entire spectrum of the drug development process, from early-development study, financial and business management
- understanding of the global guidelines and regulations that govern the conduct of clinical trials
- MS Office suite of products (Ms Word, Excel, PP)
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Having managed a trial management business with turnover of more than R15M per annum for at least 2 years.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 19 May 2022.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs NA Müller, Tel: 012 356 3242 Email: [email protected] for application-related enquiries, and Prof N Schellack, Tel: 012 319 2547 Email: [email protected] for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.